navigation

navigation

Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Social Week 61

Sunday Social


Today I'm going to link up for another Sunday Social. I have a ton of posts to write up for the next week (maybe 2) but I'm super duper slacking. Fingers crossed I can get some written today! Until then, enjoy some random tid bits of personal information. 


1. What are 3 items you can't live without on a daily basis (water, food, shelter, and clothes don't count)?



Coffee for sure. On the rare chance I can't have a morning cup of coffee I feel like I have no reason to live. haha. Lotion because one day without lotion may cause me to shrivel up and disappear. And...my phone I guess? Although I think I could live without it, I don't really want to.


3. What is something you'd like to accomplish before the end of 2013?
 I have soooo many things. I never realized how many projects we would be adding to our plate when we became home owners! Nothing is needed, but lots of things need to be done to make it home. Painting, decorating, organizing, replacing certain furniture pieces...the list goes on and on!


2. What is your all time favorite book? Why?
It's a book that I bet 99% of people haven't even heard of. It's called "The Truth Trap" by Frances A. Miller.

Matt's parents were killed in a car accident. He and his little sister Katie, deaf since birth, have come to Los Angeles to escape the authorities who want to put Katie in a home. Hiding in an abandoned theater while Matt looks for work, Katie is brutally murdered. And Matt's nightmare begins.

He is accused of killing his beloved sister, and before he can defend himself, he is thrown into jail.

A few days later he is released -- confused and alone in a strange city where the only people who know him suspect him of murder. His chances for a new life depend on the two policemen who first arrested him: Tony Prado, who sees through the proud, hot-tempered, very scared young man to a boy who needs to be trusted and loved...and Les Ryder, who sees a juvenile delinquent who probably killed his own sister.

Matt must prove that Tony is right. But before he can do that, he has to learn to believe in himself again.

Amazon
 I first read the book when I was in 7th grade and I've read it at least a dozen times since then. It's extremely well written. I cry every single time I've read it and I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I own a copy...that I never returned to the library back in middle school. Don't worry, it got paid for.







4. If you could go back and relive any year of your life which year would it be?

I don't know that I have a year that I would want to relive. I think every year has been filled with good and bad. Keep on trucking forward I say. :)


5. What do you wish people knew about you without you having to tell them?
Ummm...I don't know. Isn't that how you get to know people is by them telling you about themselves?

1 comment:

  1. Dropping in by way of the Social.. love the name of your blog! I could never live without my phone, in fact, I have trouble if it's out of arm's reach. It's a sad state of affairs, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I love comments!