navigation

navigation

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Green Giant Veggie Snack Chips

                           

I LOVE being a BzzAgent. Have you heard of it? As a BzzAgent you fill out surveys about your life and they send you things to try out. You try them, spread the word and do various things to let them know what you thought. Awesome! 

One of the things I was sent was Green Giant Veggie Snack Chips. This was the little blurb we were given as BzzAgents to tell us about the chips.

Brace yourself for a giant surprise from the Jolly Green Giant — he’s now in the snack aisle! Introducing new Green Giant Veggie Snack Chips, available in two delicious varieties:
  • Roasted Veggie Tortilla Chips with Zesty Cheddar are crispy tortilla chips made with real vegetables like carrot, broccoli, and tomato, plus 17g of whole grain
  • Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips with Sea Salt are made with real sweet potatoes and 14g of whole grain, with 40% less fat than regular potato chips*
  
I'm not going to lie. I was on the fence about trying these. Veggie chips can either be really good or reallllly horrible. Obviously I wanted them to be good, but I wasn't getting my hopes up. 

When my BzzKit arrived I was excited to find 2 full size bags, 3 sample bags and a bunch of coupons.


The kids and I immediately opened the bag of Multigrain Sweet Potato Chips. Umm...LOVE. They are delicious. Even the kids devoured them. David, our household Chip addict, even liked them! 

Later we tried the Zesty Cheddar Veggie Tortilla Chips. I personally loved them. They were like a healthier, tastier version of Nacho Chips. The kids didn't really care for them and David said they wouldn't replace his current Nacho Chips. Sigh. Can't win em all!

As far as a healthy snack goes, these are a great alternative. I know we are all told to eat veggies, fruit and all that other stuff for a snack, but lets face it. Sometimes you just need something salty. A carrot just isn't going to cut it. At a 140 calories a serving, you can fix that salty craving, without the guilt.
https://www.greengiant.com/pages/ProductsSnacks.aspx


https://www.greengiant.com/pages/ProductsSnacks.aspx

I'm sure in the future we will be buying more of these chips. I know I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I love comments!