navigation

navigation

Monday, February 18, 2013

Lego Alphabet

We have an insane amount of legos. I could probably build a 3 bedroom house with the legos we own. Ok, maybe not a 3 bedroom, but possibly a 2. 

One day while brainstorming fun, playful ways of teaching the little monster his ABC's, I was staring at the legos and thought of this fun little game. We definitely would not miss 52 legos, so I got to work.

I picked out pairs for each letter and using a permanent marker wrote the upper and lower case on each of the pairs. So 2 blue legos, one had upper case A, the other had lower case A.

I tried to do a pattern of colors...but somehow I missed the letter J and got all the way to the end before I realized it, so my pattern got thrown off. I guess I should be studying my letters along with Corbin.  


  Doesn't he just have the cutest little face??


Basically I break them up, spread them around and Little Man finds the pairs.


He stacks them all up as he finds them until he has a big tower. Then as boys do best, he destroys the tower. 



We also use them for sorting.

  
And counting. Counting what we've sorted. Counting the dots. Counting all sorts of things. 
  
I'm definitely glad I thought of our legos. This was a huge hit for Corbin and we've used them many times since I made them. Don't worry, the legos I used haven't been missed
  

3 comments:

Show me some love! I love comments!