navigation

navigation

Saturday, February 2, 2013

David's Birthday

Last Tuesday was David's birthday. Before Christmas I had bought a Groupon for 2 hrs of archery, for two people, with bow/arrow rentals. We hadn't found a chance to use it yet and I thought his Birthday would be the perfect time. I convinced him to take the day off of work and we found a sitter.

In all honesty, I was certain I was going to suck. Bad. The only Bow I've ever shot was made of pvc pipe and string. Not exactly expert equipment.

So we headed to Average Joe's Archery armed with, well nothing. Except a Groupon and hopes that I don't suck and/or shoot someone accidentally.

I'm not even kidding you when I tell you how awesome they were. Super patient with my lack of knowledge. They figured out right away that I shoot left handed, which I honestly would have never guessed, since I'm right handed. They didn't call me an idiot when the awkwardness of shooting left handed made me look like an idiot. I was given a mini lesson on how to shoot properly and they stood by for a few minutes to make sure I had it down. It was much more than I had expected

I actually did pretty dang good for my first time! Much better than I expected myself to do. 
 
 I felt (and looked) pretty badass holding a bow too.
 

The Birthday boy didn't do too bad himself. Although he had a cheater bow, so it was expected. 
 We had a crap ton of fun and I can't wait to go back...and buy my own bow. If you're a local reader, check them out! You won't regret it!

Later that night it was time for the typical Birthday festivities. 

   His yearly Birthday dinner, Taco Pie, which is something my family has been making since I was young. When we first started dating my Mom had made it and he fell in love. 9 yrs later and he still requests it every year for his Birthday. David can eat an entire pie to himself and I'm not exaggerating.

Then came the presents. I had found a groupon for $85 worth of sports memorabilia at sportsfreak365.com.
I had fun buying him a bunch of Minnesota wild gear for a whopping total of $50!




The rug was by far his favorite present. The thing is awesome and I got an amazing deal on it. 

I also got him this card, mainly because I thought it was hilarious and totally something I would give.


 
His cake was pretty cool too. Sticking with the Minnesota Wild theme, I found this beauty at Target! I was pretty proud of myself. 

 
All in all, I think his Birthday ended up pretty kick ass. He was happy and feeling the love. I'm officially addicted to archery. 

Happy 31st, my Love! 

 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like he had a great birthday!I want some taco pie! You totally look bad ass with that bow!!

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I love comments!