navigation

navigation

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hiking/Adventure Packs




A while back I found this tutorial for an easy cinch bag , from Make it and Love it. It was perfect for the boys to take on nature hikes. Light enough that they can carry them without complaint and big enough to fit a few things in them. 

I asked David to make them for the boys...well I kinda told him he should make them for the boys and than we bought the stuff to do it.

I went out and found a few kid friendly nature things to put in the backpacks. Binoculars, head lamps, flashlights, compasses, bug tents and magnifiers. It ended up being a perfect Easter gift.

The boys couldn't wait to use them, so the next nice weekend we had we went on nature hike. 

  
The older boys never once complained about their bags bothering them, even though we hiked for 2 hrs. Corbin lasted about 30 min before I took his for him.


They didn't hinder their ability to hike and climb at all. Half the time I don't even think they noticed they still had them. 

They fit a lot of stuff too. They had all the stuff that was in the above picture, a small bottle of water and their cameras, with room to spare!


If you are looking for a bag for your little ones and you have the ability to sew, make one of these! You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I love comments!