navigation

navigation

Friday, July 29, 2011

It's Time To Confess My Sins

  I have a confession to make. I have lost my creativity. I don't know where it went. Have you seen it? Even right now, writing this blog, I'm lacking in the creativity department. I'm 4 sentences in, and I've already taken a Stumbleupon break. Part of this could be because I've been up since 5:30 am (Thank you littlest Monster and your hate of sleep), but I mostly blame my lack of using my creative juices consistently.


  I used to craft almost daily. At least a few days a week. The crafts varied, depending on my mood, and what I wanted to make. I crafted by myself, I crafted with the kids, I crafted with David. My brain was always going, thinking of the next big thing I was going to create. Lately mind is more focused on what's going on in the world of Facebook, how my Momma's at Cafemom are doing, or what can I win on Listia. The juices have been drained, and I need a refill.

  I don't know what caused this drain in creative juice. It could be partially to the fact that for several months the only crafting I did was making scrabble tile and domino necklaces. I had no variety. Sure, I was designing the tiles on photoshop, but the craft itself was the same. It could be due to the fact that I've been lazy. I want to craft, I've thought about crafting, I just haven't gotten the motivation to actually do the crafting.

  So today I've decided to flip the switch. I need to get my mind back going. I need to do something. I'm in a rut of boredom, and I need OUT! This is my vow, my plan of action. Starting August 1st, 2011, I will do a craft everyday, for one month. I will share all of the said crafts here, I hope the day I do them, if not, they will be the next morning. I don't yet know what I will do, as I haven't gotten that far in my thinking, but I will do something, EVERYDAY! Some days it will be crafts with the kids, some days crafts with myself, and if David heals in time from his freak mandolin injury, they will be with him as well. I look forward to doing this. I hope you will join me for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I love comments!