navigation

navigation

Friday, July 26, 2013

Monster Cookies

A few weeks ago David and I found Monster Cookies in the bakery section at a store. David apparantely had never had a Monster Cookie and had no clue what they were. I was shocked. He clearly grew up under a rock. So I bought a package, because I will take any reason to buy baked goods.

He obviously loved them. Who wouldn't? They are like a baked good flavor explosion. Peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate. Yum! They are so hard to stop eating. Almost impossible hard. I even ate them for breakfast. They have peanut butter and oatmeal, that's pretty much breakfast food anyways.

When his work had potluck lunch he requested that I make some Monster Cookies for him to bring in and I happily obliged. From what David said, these were a huge hit at his work. Now I'm going to share the recipe with you! Yay! I'm so sweet. 



Monster Cookies
 
3 eggs
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
 M&M's  No amount, just use as much as you want
 chocolate chips, again, use as much as you want
 Raisins, optional
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal (not instant)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or nonstick baking mats.

In a very large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugars. Mix well. Add the salt, vanilla, peanut butter, and butter. Mix well. Stir in the M&Ms, chocolate chips, raisins, baking soda, and oatmeal. Drop by spoonfuls onto your baking sheet.

Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not over bake. Wait a few minutes minutes before moving to wire racks or brown bags to cool.
Now eat and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love monster cookies but I've never made them. I can bake up a storm but I think I am cursed when it comes to cookies. I suck at cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I love comments!