navigation

navigation

Monday, July 22, 2013

Easy dessert pizza


As a Mom of 3 boys with varying degrees of food picky-ness, I'm always trying to find/create new snacks that will please all 3 of them. Creating is hit or miss, but this one has definitely been a hit. We've made them for a few years now and the boys still rave about how it's their favorite.        

It's a no bake, no fuss, quick recipe that kids get to help make or possibly make themselves. For ingredients you will need:

large rice cakes (we use the caramel ones)
nut butter of some kind
toppings (raisins, chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, coconut, candies, etc)


This is the most difficult part, are you up to the challenge? Spread your nut butter on the rice cake. Whew, that was tricky. It's well worth the effort though.
Now pass the cake over to your kid and take a break. You deserve it. Let them go crazy with the toppings.



Seriously, that's it. Easy, right. Now let the kids eat while you enjoy hearing how awesome you are for letting them have dessert pizzas for an afternoon snack.



I'm not going to lie, I'm a huge fan of these myself. My favorite toppings are butterscotch chips, coconut and raisins. It has a rice cake base, so it can't be that horrible for you, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I love comments!