navigation

navigation

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Popcorn Cake

We love popcorn in our house. Looove it. With butter and salt, maybe a little bit of the cheese powder. Nom, Nom, Nom! But not that microwave shenaningans, the real stuff. Personally, I prefer it from a local farm that we go to, but in a pinch I'll take the stuff from the grocery store. 

A while back I found this popcorn cake from Cookies and Cups. I knew it would be delicious and I would eat it all and not feel guilty. Well maybe a little guilty, but not guilty enough to stop. 

The boys and I are making cookbooks this summer and this is one of the recipes they chose for their books. 

First you have to make your popcorn. You'll need either 2 bags of microwave popcorn or about 9 cups of fresh popcorn. Make sure you remove any unpopped kernels!

Mix in some M&M's with your popcorn, however much you want. The more, the better. The original recipe calls for pretzels, but the boys weren't a fan of the pretzels. I liked it, they didn't. Dang kids ruin all the fun.

On the stove melt 1/2 a cup of butter and one 16 oz bag of mini marshmallows. If you have a helper, even better. All that stirring gets a little repetitive at times. 

Once the marshmallows are melted and smooth, let them sit for a minute or 2 before you mix it into the popcorn so you don't have melted M&M's.

Once slightly cooled, mix in with the popcorn.

Press your ooey gooey goodness into a bundt pan sprayed with cooking spray and allow it to cool. I don't have pictures of this part of the process, but I think you can figure it out. 

Once it's cool, enjoy! 



You won't regret making it, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I love comments!