navigation

navigation

Friday, June 7, 2013

Oh, the disappointment...

A few months ago we decided it was time to buy me a new computer. My other laptop worked, but it was slooooow, the screen was all messed up so it was constantly glitching out on me and it froze. A lot. Rather than me going postal and destroying the stupid thing with a hammer, David decided we should wipe it clean and give it to the monsters for their use. 

We started the hunt and found a great deal (about $500). Not top of the line, but definitely not bottom of the barrel. The laptop arrived and I was so excited! It was preloaded with Windows 8, but I've been through so many Window formats that I didn't think it would be a problem.

I was wrong. 

To put it bluntly, Windows 8 sucks balls. I would list the reasons it sucks, but I don't want that long of a post. Just trust me, it sucks. 

I tried really hard to like it. I gave it about a month before I was just DONE. My brand new computer was slower than my 4 yr old computer, it froze more and I couldn't find a damn program without a 3 hr search. I'm not kidding you when I tell you that I switched back to my old computer. Yup. It was THAT bad.

David eventually gave in, wiped my NEW computer clean and loaded Windows 7 back on it. But...something went wrong with the new load and he was going to have to wipe it again and reload it (don't ask me what, I don't know computer stuff). It worked enough to use for basic things, but I couldn't really load any of my programs on it (photoshop, silhouette studio, picassa, etc) Even if I could, it would have been pointless since David would have to take it all off again when he fixed the laptop. Again. 

Anyways. 2 months later and I finally have my computer back with all of my programs and Windows 7. Yay!

So why did I tell you this? For 2 reasons.

 First, as a warning. DON'T buy Windows 8! Just don't. It's horrible and you will hate the world after dealing with it. Nobody likes a world hater. 

Second, to kind of sort of explain my back and forth absence. Yes, I've been busy with the move and all that, but not that busy. A large majority of it had to do with this stupid computer. It's hard to type up blog posts when you have zero of the programs you need, your pictures are spread between 2 hard drives and you have a general hate for computers at that moment in time.

That being said, I have about 10 blog posts I will be writing up and sharing in the next couple of weeks. Whoop! I'm excited to get back in the swing of things!

Oh and I apologize for this lame whiney post. I don't even have any pictures. What's up with that??

1 comment:

  1. I don't think this sounded whiny at all. I am glad you finally have a computer that is working for you. You're right, nobody likes a world hater. Lmao. Love that.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I love comments!