navigation

navigation

Monday, June 17, 2013

DIY Dino Canvas

Lately I've been working on making decorations for Corbin's room. I finally got around to painting it and decided that some dollar store vinyl stickers was just not enough. I've made a few things, but wanted to give Corbin the chance to make a few things as well. Something he could be proud of when he looked at them. 

I've had this pack of 3 small canvases sitting around for well over a year now, with no real purpose. So I found one.


I cut some dinosaur shapes out of vinyl using my silhouette and attached them to the canvas. Which by the way, attaching them to the canvas was a giant pain in the butt. GIANT.

Corbin picked out a few colors he wanted and went to town painting them.



While I watched Corbin paint I realized he is exactly like his Dad. A perfectionist through and through. I find it an annoying quality in his dad (sorry, David!) but it's quite adorable in Corbin.


While the paintings were drying, Corbin decided he wanted to mix some paint colors. We had tons of paint left and it made for a fun way of learning what colors make other colors. Since I used a piece of shipping wrapping paper on the table, I let him go to town with painting that as well. Most of the time he made brown, but oh well. He had fun.


Anyways, back to the project. After the paint had dried we peeled the vinyl off to let the dinosaurs show.

I haven't quite figured out where I'm going to hang them in his room yet, actually, I haven't figured out where anything is going in his room so far. I'll let you know when I figure it out!

1 comment:

Show me some love! I love comments!