navigation

navigation

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chalkboard To Do Lists

Did you know that you can buy Chalkboard Contact Paper?? Well you can! The best part is, it's Cheap! Head on over to Amazon and check it out (and order a roll or 3) here.


David and I have a million things to do around the new house. A million. We had paper lists going, but they always ended up getting lost and thrown away. We probably killed 100 trees with all of our wasted paper lists. I needed a better way to keep track of our to do lists and what better way than a chalkboard?

I was fortunate enough to be able to buy a Silhouette Cameo a couple of months ago, so this project was entirely done using that. But there is no reason you can't go the old fashioned way and cut it out by hand with scissor or an exacto knife. I've definitely done my fair share of hand cutting in the past. 

First I picked out a shape I wanted for the to do lists, blew it up to the size I wanted and let my Silhouette go to work.



I was really worried about the wrinkle in the contact paper, but once I applied it to the wall I was able to smooth it out.

Learn from me...attempting to transfer contact paper to a wall like normal vinyl does NOT work. Nope. It doesn't. Don't even try it. You'll waste 2 feet of perfectly good chalkboard paper and then you'll be sad.

Instead you will have to peel the top part of the contact paper off and align it on the wall the way you want it. Once it's set, slowly peel the backing back and smooth inch by inch until you get to the bottom. If you attempt to peel the backing off all at once you'll have another disaster. And be sad. Again.

  
I used my silhouette to cut out the labels for the top, but scrapbooking stickers will work just as well.

Apply your stickers and your lists are done! 


David is still working on his to do list, unfortunately. Ha. I kid, of course.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I love comments!