navigation

navigation

Friday, February 15, 2013

My Frantic Valentines Rush.

I've been insanely lazy the last week. Like "nooo....I'm not leaving the couch" lazy. I've pretty much slacked in most departments of my life. I haven't even written blog posts, which is crazy because I like to be weeks ahead of myself.


Yesterday I found myself in quite the predicament.  I had David's gift, I had caved and bought Dawson's class, (gasp) store bought Valentines. I barely had anything for my monsters besides the heart lollies Corbin and I had made and a pencil. Woooo.

The mad dash began. I didn't want to go shopping. Between not wanting to spend money and Corbin's constant nose drip, the thought didn't appeal to me. I really didn't even want to make anything. I laid around the house until about 12, still not wanting to make anything. I have to pick Dawson up at 3. Time was a ticking.

I started with rice Krispie treats. Mixed in some sprinkles, cut them into hearts and Voila.Valentines on a stick. Paired with the little lollies we made they were pretty cute. 
  
Next was love coupons. I made some for David and some for the kids. The kids things say very different things on them than what David's say. Some days I'm so thankful I taught myself photoshop!



I still didn't have any candy. So...I kinda stole some from David's present. Shhh...don't tell! Nothing fancy but I threw this m&m packages together 4 minutes before I had to pick up Dawson. Yeah. That's dedi-freaking-cation. 

I did it. I successfully threw together an awesome present in 3 hours. I think I work best under pressure. 

I wanted to share with you a picture of my little Valentines, but they wouldn't sit still or put on normal faces. Imagine that. I'm sure they had enough sugar flowing through their veins to take down an elephant. Oh hell, I'll share a picture with you anyways!


So there you have it. My last minute Valentines Day presents. I hope you were more prepared this year than I was. If not, SLACKERS UNITE!!

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE the coupon idea. I will be doing this for my son as a reward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! They were fairly simple to make and a HUGE hit with the kids! I'm sure your son would love them!

      Delete
  2. I love the coupons and those rice krispies look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty tasty. I know this because after cutting out all the hearts there was lots of extras I didn't want to throw out.

      Delete

Show me some love! I love comments!