navigation

navigation

Friday, January 25, 2013

Nope, can't do it.


David loves Lemon Meringue pie. LOVES it. Being the loving Fiance I am, I have tried to make it for him. Tried and failed. 3 times. 

I can't make the meringue. I don't know why, but I just can't do it. After the 3rd attempt I gave up and told him he would only get store bought from that point on.  

David, being the cocky loving Fiance he is, bragged that he's sure he can do it. Of course he didn't try until recently. 

The boys had found this recipe they wanted for Strawberry Clouds. Basically they are meringue bowls topped with whipped cream and strawberries.

I bought the stuff and told David it was time for him to prove his abilities. 

He got to mixing...with our sad little mixer. Someday I will own a kitchenAid!


He mixed and mixed. 

And he failed.

Somewhere in the mixing process something went wrong. In hindsight, we probably should have looked up tips before he started, but we don't work that way. Logical thinking is not one of our strong points. 

I'm beginning to think we are going to be a "No Meringue" household. Sigh.      

On the plus side, David can't make meringue either. That deserves a happy, in your face, dance.


Do you have any tips for us in case we decided to try again? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I love comments!