navigation

navigation

Monday, August 27, 2012

A Birthday Party! Hooray!



Well, I'm officially a Stepmom to a 9 year old! Last week we celebrated Dylan's Birthday.  It seems like just yesterday the little monster was calling me "Doda" and teaching me what my life would be like when I had kids of my own.We've been through hell and back with him, but I wouldn't change it for the world.





 Recently I introduced the kids to Harry Potter. It's been a love/obsession of mine for a while and I couldn't wait for them to be old enough to watch them without being afraid. Dylan instantly fell in love. I'm proud to say he officially has my obsession. I beam with pride whenever the kids run around with their wands and spell books, casting spells on each other.

I knew right away that we would have to make it a Harry Potter birthday. We ordered a cake from Walmart (which I will never do again, but that's another post) and I got started on making him a Deathly Hollows Pinata.



 We had some very good friends over for a BBQ, cake and fun! The Pinata was a huge hit, but really, who doesn't like hitting things and receiving candy for it? Surprisingly for a homemade pinata that thing held up really well! Although I think David had the most fun spinning the kids around and raising/lowering the Pinata.




 Yay for Candy!!!

Our friends brought over the new puppy they had gotten that morning, which I proudly named. Stella. She's just the cutest thing! I'm pretty sure our dogs head is bigger then her! I was terrified that someone was going to crush her, but she made it through the night. Tired, but unharmed.


 The next morning, Dylan had to go back to his Mom's for the day. Bright and early I woke David up to go cover his bed and floor with balloons while he was sleeping. He woke up pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately I had forgot that my camera lens was on manual focus and I'm not awake enough to think that early in the morning, so the pictures are blurry. Oh well...blame it on the lack of coffee.



 We also made The Best Birthday Cake. Ever. A big ol pile of donuts with a candle on top. I would like to wake up every morning to this. Cough. Cough. David. Cough. Cough.


All in all it was a great birthday. I'm pretty sure the smile says it all. I'm so lucky to be a part of this Monsters life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I love comments!