navigation

navigation

Saturday, February 4, 2012

When the dreaded 3-0 rolls around...


  Last Sunday someone turned 30. I can happily say it wasn't me...it was David. I taunted him with those numbers for months. It was wonderful.  



 We woke him up with a plate of blueberry muffins with the 3-0 candles in it. He groaned and said "I'm going back to bed for the next 365 days."  But we had presents and cards, so we convinced him to stay awake. I made sure my card had a BIG number 30 on the front, just in case he had forgotten. It's not the best picture, but you get the idea.



 We didn't do anything too exciting on his Birthday. I slaved away in the kitchen making him Snickers cupcakes and dinner. He went and played hockey for a little bit. 


 My parents gave him 3 presents. Each one had a box of candy, or a Mountain Dew in it, along with a bunch of $1 bills. He was amused by all the dollar bills. No he will not be visiting a strip club in the future, it was just my parents way of being clever. He has strict orders to use the money to buy a ticket to a MN Wild game.




 After presents we had cupcakes. Snickers cupcakes. Nummy! I'm sure there is recipe out there for them. On New Years Eve I made cupcakes. I'm a picky bitch and don't like cupcakes if they aren't filled. On a whim I decided to chop up some leftover snickers bars and put them in the middle of the cupcake. I also concocted a chocolate butter cream frosting with a light peanut butter taste. I guess David loved them because he requested them for his Birthday. I decided to fancy them up with a drizzle of caramel on top.  It's the little things...



Corbin has this thing with blowing out the candles on everyone elses cake. It's cute...if you like little people who steal your thunder with their cuteness.


In true David fashion he ended the night with a dorky looking face. All in all it was a great day, well at least I think it was. I've also let up a little bit on the teasing. It's only 11 months until I turn the big 3-0...er 2-9. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I love comments!