navigation

navigation

Sunday, January 15, 2012

2012 is here. Can I keep up with this blog?

  Well, the year 2012 is here. To me it came very quickly. 2011 passed in a blur. Mostly great moments, with a few bad moments tossed in for spice. It's been a LONG time since I posted last, too long. One of my New Years resolutions was to be consistent about posting...and here I finally am, 2 weeks later. A little late, but it's a start.


 I thought I would share a few things that have happened since I last posted. Well a couple of the most exciting things. 

   First off, David finally graduated from college! He ended with a degree in Software Development and ISA. It was a very proud moment for our family. He had a lot of people there to cheer him on. It's very bittersweet as he looks for a job. On one hand we are very proud and he is excited to finally get back to work, on the other hand we all enjoy having him home so much, it will be a huge change for our family when he does find a job.


2 days after David graduated was my Birthday. The day started out as nothing to special. It was a great day, but we didn't do a whole lot. David was working on dinner, and we decided to open gifts with my parents while it was in the oven. I opened all the gifts and David walked over to me, saying he had one last present. He dropped down on his knee and I freaked out. It's laughable now, but I was nervous and soooo not mentally prepared for it. He was trying to be so sweet and romantic and I was yelling at him. I needed a warning! Oy. All in all it was very memorable and I wouldn't change a bit of it. Soooo.. WE ARE ENGAGED! :o) David made the ring, and I absolutely love it. I'm not a fan of diamonds, or extremely expensive jewelry, so it is PERFECT for me!


  So that was the end of our the 2011, besides Christmas and all that shenanigans. Now onto the new year! Here is to hoping I will actually keep this blog going this year! I have high hopes that I can do at least one post a week, but I reaaaallly hope to do more. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I love comments!