navigation

navigation

Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Few Hidden Treasures at The Children's Musuem

   
  After Corbin's Birthday party last May we decided we weren't doing Birthday parties anymore. We planned and we planned, spent way too much money, and way to much time on something that was fun, but in reality, not nearly as much fun as we could have had. The boys would end up with tons of toys that would never be thought about again, and would usually end up in the Salvation Army box by the end of the year. It just wasn't worth it anymore.



  So we decided to change it up. Instead we each child would pick a place they want to go, a place they want to eat and we would have a day of FUN. I know some of you will think that I'm denying my children some sort of "childhood right", but I assure you, they'll be just fine. And if they aren't, well, I can always blame it on Daddy.


 For Dawson's Birthday, we went to The Children's Museum. If you've never brought your kids to a Children's Museum. Go. Find one. Go now! You will not regret it. Our museum has lots of buttons to press, things to make, clothes to dress up in, tunnels to climb in. Every corner is another spot of fun. Don't believe me? Check out the Pictures!







 We hadn't been to our Museum in over a year (shame on us!) So obviously, some things had changed. They still had the classic favorites, but the new stuff was fun too.


  One tiny little room in particular had changed quite a bit. The room originally had some wood blocks and a chalkboard in it. Woooaahhh, exciting! It still really only has those and a few other small things in it, but there was a few small changes, that were like a treasure to me. A hidden crafty treasure!

 The Coolest Couch EVER!




 At first I looked at this couch and I was confused. I'm not sure why, maybe because I had never seen anything like it before, or maybe because I was surrounded by lots of crazy kids and my IQ had dropped 59 points. In case you are still confused, it's T-shirts. T-SHIRTS! How cool is that?! Perfect for a kids playroom or bedroom! I will make one of them, someday.


 Also in the same room, was the coolest floor. I've actually seen this before, and wanted to do it on our steps to the Basement. But for some reason, seeing it in a playroom, was a total "ah ha!" moment. 



 In case you didn't know. It's a floor, made out of brown paper bags. I love how they used some printed bags, and various colors. Perfect for a kids playroom! The Tutorials are out there to do this. From what I've read, it takes a lot of time, so it's definitely not an easy project. But I would imagine that it would be a lot cheaper then buying flooring somewhere, plus it's recycling!! 


  Obviously have yet to make these amazing hidden treasures, but I plan on it. Maybe it will be next year, maybe it will be 40 yrs from now, but dang it, I will make them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I love comments!