navigation

navigation

Friday, April 1, 2011

The Easter Tree

    I promised in my last post to share our Easter Tree with you. I know this time of year you can buy the cute trees that are made for Easter. They come in all sorts of adorable pastel colors, and you adorn them with tiny little eggs and trinkets. This is not that tree. 


It is adorned with cute little ornaments, but it's not your typical Easter Tree. The boys love it, and I must say, I'm pretty dang proud of it myself! I spent hours making various ornaments out of Felt. Bunnies, Chicks, Eggs and Flowers. The boys painted some ornaments, some butterflies and even sewed their own bunnies (minus a face). David made us a box for the base, which we filled with Easter grass and various crafts the boys have made (and things are still being added). I found the cutest Easter Egg lights at Target in the dollar spot (I Love that section of Target!!). This is by far my favorite tree yet.

It's not Glamorous, but it's perfect for us!

The bunnies and Chicks are my favorite. They are so cute. Made out of felt and embroidery floss. Everything was hand stitched. There is something about sewing by hand that is so extremely relaxing to me. I really think it has become my favorite craft to do. My next post will be a tutorial on how to make both of them, complete with PDF file.

How cute is this bunny?!

The Monsters sewed these all by themselves. Yup, this Momma is proud!



Here Chicky, Chicky, Chicky!

I also made a few eggs for the tree. They were probably a little to much fun to make. There are so many possiblities with them! With a little bit of ribbon, various felt pieces, and whatever else, you can make some pretty kicking eggs! I planned on making more, but once we got the tree decorated, my motivation flew away. Maybe next year...

This egg makes me smile. I got bored, decided to add a little flair.
A little ribbon and you got yourself a custom egg!



  The flowers were fun, and really easy. I really enjoy making these flowers. Part of me wishes I had a girl so I could make more without getting funny looks. The boys were ok with them though, just because it was for the Easter Tree. Any other time and I'm sure I would get told how horrible I was and reminded that they are not, ewwwww....girls! There is a Tutorial HERE for the flowers. Be sure to check it out!

Awwww! Pink!!

Had to add some blue, but I did get some pink in too!

 Well, there you have it. Our Easter Tree. What once was going to be a simple Christmas Tree, turned into a family tradition. It's amazing how plans change with kids in the picture! I love making special traditions with my Monsters. Those are the things in life that will really stick with them when they are older, at least one can hope it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some love! I love comments!